Duck wing problems.

Zoehenning

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2018
My mallard ducklings wing has been sticking out, almost looks bent, since we got him. He was no more than a week old when we got him. It doesnt feel broke or seem to be causing him any pain or troubles but it sticks out so much now that I'm worried. These are the only pics I could get, hes not one to stay still ever, sorry if its hard to see. But if anyone has seen something like this i'd love feedback.

Attachments

• 1016181333a.jpg
    1016181333a.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 1016181333a.jpg
    1016181333a.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 33
Angel wing, also known as airplane wing, slipped wing, crooked wing, and drooped wing, is a syndrome that affects primarily aquatic birds, such as geese and ducks, in which the last joint of the wing is twisted with the wingfeathers pointing out laterally, instead of lying against the body. You can tap it down with medical tap and it will help it stay down do that for 8 hours a day for 5 days then it should be back to normal my duck had this n it worked tapping it down

Angel wing, also known as airplane wing, slipped wing, crooked wing, and drooped wing, is a syndrome that affects primarily aquatic birds, such as geese and ducks, in which the last joint of the wing is twisted with the wingfeathers pointing out laterally, instead of lying against the body. You can tap it down with medical tap and it will help it stay down do that for 8 hours a day for 5 days then it should be back to normal my duck had this n it worked tapping it down
Thank you!! Uh how would I tape it down though? Like what would be the best way so its comfortable?

Back
Top Bottom