Duck wings - is this just molting?

Sep 3, 2020
We have 2 male Pekins, 1 female Pekin and 1 Indian Runner (just turned one year). Boys were literally killing my Runner (huge knot on her head, she refused to go near water, walked and shook head), so put the girls in a pen with ducklings for about 4 weeks. They had access to food and a small section of the pond. Now have reversed it since one male attacked my young ones & the Runner when I let them out. The 2 males are in the pen with all others free range. Question: is the poor looking wings on the female Pekin in picture from a molt, from being in pen or something more?
(Side note: males are being rehomed this week so all others can free range with no pen.)

Attachments

• 20210720_114937.jpg
    20210720_114937.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31

Blue Raptor

Dragon 🐉 Artist
Premium Feather Member
Feb 20, 2021
Deutschland 🇩🇪
My Coop
My Coop
We have 2 male Pekins, 1 female Pekin and 1 Indian Runner (just turned one year). Boys were literally killing my Runner (huge knot on her head, she refused to go near water, walked and shook head), so put the girls in a pen with ducklings for about 4 weeks. They had access to food and a small section of the pond. Now have reversed it since one male attacked my young ones & the Runner when I let them out. The 2 males are in the pen with all others free range. Question: is the poor looking wings on the female Pekin in picture from a molt, from being in pen or something more?
(Side note: males are being rehomed this week so all others can free range with no pen.)
can you get some closer pictures?

Top Bottom