duck with sour crop need help

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by goslingluv, Jun 23, 2018.

1. goslingluv

goslingluv Chirping

May 16, 2018
    I woke up this morning to my young drake having a swollen fluid filled crop not really walking around wont eat or drink and very overly calm feathers seam puffed butt drooping he seemed perfect yesterday. Is he dying?

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

3. goslingluv

goslingluv Chirping

May 16, 2018
    I dont kno if you can see it but its lopsided and huge... the black duck is his mate her crop photo for comparison. And poo photo it looks odd it looks like his crumbles but maybe that good maybe hes starting to empty?

Attached Files:

4. goslingluv

goslingluv Chirping

May 16, 2018
    He seems lightly better he is nibbling at bugs now but should i put him up and with hold food for awhile ive used olive oil in a dropper and been rubbing his crop

5. goslingluv

goslingluv Chirping

May 16, 2018
    Another view

Attached Files:

6. Lil Drake40

Lil Drake40 Crowing

Apr 25, 2018
    Somewhere in the mountains
    His poop looks like he’s emptying okay. Does he have buckets of water for drinking?do you give them food over night? If so don’t tonight and see how he looks in the morning. That’s a good indicator on if the are emptying their crop. If you feel better putting him up for a while now but over night will give you more of an idea.

7. goslingluv

goslingluv Chirping

May 16, 2018
    He has bucks for dunking his head and a pool he grazes free range all day and eats flock raiser in bed. Hes looking better but still not acting like he feels well...

8. Lil Drake40

Lil Drake40 Crowing

Apr 25, 2018
    Somewhere in the mountains
    Do you think he could have gotten into something toxic? In the duck sticky’s there is an article on flushes

9. goslingluv

goslingluv Chirping

May 16, 2018
    Im not sure what happened ive been feed droppers of oil and doing crop rubs every hour or so and he is finally back to normal swelling is completely gone he drinking eat bathing.... i really thought he was dying this morning now he seems fine?!

Miss Lydia likes this.

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Whew good, evidently what ever you did must have done the trick!

:woot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by