Breemae123

Songster
Mar 30, 2018
Does everyone give their ducks worming medicine? We had some ducklings die from what looked like flystrike but just in case it’s worms I would like to treat my other ducks. Opinions?

I’ve called several places near me and no one has worming medication for ducks. Where would I get it?

My drake is pooping white watery poop and I saw on another thread that it could be worms... I don’t see anything though.

I de-worm ducks the same way I de-worm peafowl, chickens, and turkeys. As usual, it would be best to consult with a vet, but if you cannot do that and you want to de-worm your ducks I would suggest getting a bottle of Valbazen (albendazole). Each duck should get 0.08 ml Valbazen per pound orally and repeat in 10 days.

If you get a duck with gapeworms it's 0.08 ml per pound orally three days in a row.

I de-worm ducks the same way I de-worm peafowl, chickens, and turkeys. As usual, it would be best to consult with a vet, but if you cannot do that and you want to de-worm your ducks I would suggest getting a bottle of Valbazen (albendazole). Each duck should get 0.08 ml Valbazen per pound orally and repeat in 10 days.

If you get a duck with gapeworms it's 0.08 ml per pound orally three days in a row.

I just bought a bag of Durvet Strike III Natural Poultry Pellets with pumpkin seed, oregano and garlic - it's supposed to create an intestinal environment to prevent worms. Has anyone used it? Does it work? Or did I waste my money LOL? They like it so I guess it works as a treat, even if it doesn't prevent worms....

From what I’ve read they can get worms from eating earth worms. I don’t know if they have worms or not or if I am just being paranoid but I would rather be safe then sorry.
They don't need wormer unless they have worms. It's chemicals being used and if not needed it's actually not good..Get a fecal test done before you ever worm them.

From what I’ve read they can get worms from eating earth worms. I don’t know if they have worms or not or if I am just being paranoid but I would rather be safe then sorry.
They can and do get worms from eating earthworms and other bugs, but the only way to know if you *should* de-worm is to get routine fecals done by a vet or a lab. I have many duck so I don't de-worm my flock, but if one stArts looking a little iffy, one of the first things I do is de-worm them.

Dawg53 has some good posts on how climate can affect your flock's worm burden... I'll see if I can find one for you to read.

Does everyone give their ducks worming medicine? We had some ducklings die from what looked like flystrike but just in case it’s worms I would like to treat my other ducks. Opinions?

I’ve called several places near me and no one has worming medication for ducks. Where would I get it?

My drake is pooping white watery poop and I saw on another thread that it could be worms... I don’t see anything though.
Flystrike worms/maggots are different than intestinal worms.

Back
Top Bottom