1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Duck: Wry neck?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by billmac, Jul 15, 2010.

1. billmac

billmac Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    I have a welsh harlequin duck that is too small and all twisted up. She is about 6 weeks old. Can anything be done? Even if she can't be helped, will she live?

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Vitamins added to the feed or water can assist in recovery of wry neck- You can usually buy poultry vitamins in powdered form from feed stores- or online.

I had a goose years ago who had a very bad twist in her neck. She lived a fairly normal life- and a happy one at that.

3. billmac

billmac Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    Thanks. Any particular vitamins? Do I feed her singly or can it go in their common feed?

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Vitamin E is what comes to mind for Wry neck- But a multi vitamin can still be used. There are many different products available - but without knowing where you are located- I cant recommend a specific brand or type. Here in Australia we have a number of different products available. I use a powdered variety that can be sprinkled on the food or dissolved in the drinking water. Its ok to give it to the others as well. I get mine from the local feed store where I get my feed and bedding products from - but some larger pet shops can carry some lines of animal vitamins as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by