Duckie roadtrip! She's here! With pics

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mandelyn, Oct 14, 2011.

1. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    In a couple ours I'm leaving to go get a duck. Saw this add and on a whim called the number, for one female duck named Quackers. Spoke to the lady for HOURS and HOURS on the phone last night about everything! But mostly animals. She rescued this duck, along with another duck, when they were babies earlier this year, in a dog crate, outside in the cold, on this guys porch. One didn't make it, this one did. Super friendly spoiled rotten duck. Bonus? She thinks she's a German Shepherd and she lays eggs. Same age as the one I lost last week.

That should make quarantine easy. Last time I integrated a duck that thought it was a dog it took a week for him to realize he had 5 girlfriends.

Haven't seen a picture, but she sounds like a black swedish. Not sure. "Black all over besides a little white on her neck, like a half ring, very green on some of her tail feathers". I need her to balance out my hen to drake ratio. It will be 6-7 months until I have babies off my babies to add more Saxony girls. No one sells them around here, so I can't get that lucky.

So, I'll help a duck out. She needs a winter house and I need 1 girl duck. Pictures later after I get back and get her settled. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I cant wait! She sounds like a black swedish to me.

3. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Looking foward to seeing some cute duckie photos! [​IMG]

4. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    [​IMG]

sound wonderful! lucky duck!

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:X2 we'll be waiting [​IMG]

6. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    OMG she is SSSOOO friendly! I can't believe it, a duck that will talk to me and follow me! She has NO idea she's a duck. I booted out the residents and cleaned the pool and let her have at it, she's filthy. Much better now. She got really water logged so I wrapped her in a towel and helped her dry. She's been preening for 2 hours now. She's hilarious. Talked the whole way home and flirted with my husband. Wouldn't get out of the pool, had to yank her out. Made angry growling noises at the other ducks and tried to go hide by the dogs.. she really does think she's a Shepherd.

She's bedded down now, I'm pretty sure she's black swedish, so black she's green/purple!

Photos after getting her home... Her new place!

[​IMG]

Who are these guys giving me the crazy eye?

[​IMG]

A Bath!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Someone has stolen our pool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You're not leaving me are you?

[​IMG]

She seems pretty happy to be here!

7. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Quote:What duck would not be happy there with a set up like you have!!! [​IMG]

May i be one of your ducks? lol

On the other hand he looks very happy and very beautiful! Enjoy your new duckie buddy!

8. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Beautiful duck!!! She sounds like a real character. Those photos are hilarious. Love the ones of all the Saxonies wondering what's become of their pool.

9. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    Great set-up. They are all such beauties! None of mine are friendly.

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    So happy for you to find such a sweet girl, I hope she will accept your other ducks and realize she is one of them, lol. she is a beauty and so are the others and a beautiful place for them to live. Congrats!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by