duckie videos..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, Jun 23, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    lol i just wana see of anyone tell tell me if my babies are ducklings or draklings..

fruitloops.. mallard

little foot.. mallard/rouen cross

they are kinda quiet videos taken with my phone..

i think little foot is a drakling but i'm not 100% with fruitloops. that duck gets loud when i carry it but it HATES me LOL they both kinda do this like honking thing?

2. tabetha

tabetha In the Brooder

Jun 23, 2010
    San Diego area
    I wouldnt think either one is a drake just yet... their eye lines are still very clear, and their heads are not dark.. and I looked at your other video of fruitloop as well... How old are they? Based on our mallards and a lot of reading on sexing ducks, yours are girls [​IMG] meaning, some pretty eggs! We even have one burly girl who we thought would end up being a boy, because her head started to get dark, her whole body actually, but nope, shes a girl.....

[​IMG]

3. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    they are like 5-6 weeks.. oh man if i have 2 girls my dad is gona be mad LOL

4. I say very possibly both are girls too...but again its a bit early for visual signs of sexing...any quacking?

I got 3 runners Sunday and before then Iamcuriositycat didn't know what any of them are...Sunday the blue tux quacked in protest of being put in the box, and then on the ride home I heard someone quack in the car, and later i knew for sure i heard 2 quacking...Now today well Wed. I heard 3 quacking...So it would seem at about 5 weeks I have 3/3 girls!!!!!!!! Wow...I was actually hoping the 3rd would be a boy!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  5. tigerrrrrrrlilly

tigerrrrrrrlilly Songster

Mar 27, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I think both are little girls... sorry!!!

6. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    ohhh my dad wanted a mallard drake.. he's gona be mad LOL uhhh maybe we can have a 6th duck LOL

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    You could still try and talk him into a pair of snowy mallards!!

8. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    lol my mom is going to have a fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i looked em up and it was going to be like 90 some odd dollars for a pair of snowy mallards [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by