Duckies got a new pool!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by neenerbutt92, Sep 21, 2010.

1. neenerbutt92

neenerbutt92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    My duckies...One Welsh Harlequin, one Rouen, one black Runner mix (I think), one Cayuga, and last but not least the mutt that looks kinda like a Harlequin.....any ideas of what it is?

[​IMG]

2. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    They're so cute!

3. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    It looks like you have 2 Welsh Harlequins. Why do you think one is a mix?

4. neenerbutt92

Sep 1, 2010
    The farthest one is darker and looks more barred...they both have completely different patterns.

5. Featherland

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    I think I have one like that. Where did you get them? Can you take a picture of them next to each other from a top view? And a side view? Do you know if they are male or female yet? My males and females have different patterns in their feathers.

6. neenerbutt92

Sep 1, 2010
    I got them as hatching eggs off ebay, they were all supposed to be Welsh Harlequin but the lady got the order confused. She had a mixed flock. Well, I heard when they hatch you can tell the sex and my guess was the darker (barred looking one) was male and the lighter (normal Harlequin looking one) was female....now I think I got them confused because the darker one is getting a dark bill and the lighter ones bill is staying yellowy orange. You can tell the pattern difference in the first pic....in the second you can tell the bill color. I think they are silver....at least I hope....lol. Do you have pics of yours? I love seeing pictures of Harlequins, they are BEAUTIFUL birds!

Pattern difference.
    [​IMG]

Bill coloring.
    [​IMG]

7. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    [​IMG]

I love to see the ducks in the water!
    Beautiful birds, and yes, more pics please.

[​IMG]

8. Featherland

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    I think both of yours are Welsh Harlequins and both are boys. How old are they? I have 3 males that are 8 weeks old and all of them vary in their patterns and bill colors. But the boys look different from the girls. By six weeks old all the girls had solid black bills. The boys vary in their shades of green to yellow-green. One is dark green, one is almost yellow and the other is in the middle. I don't know if I will be able to post pictures but I will try.

9. neenerbutt92

Sep 1, 2010
    Ahh mann! I might cry if they are both males....they are 8 weeks old.

10. neenerbutt92

Sep 1, 2010
    The Rouen, black Runner, and lighter Harlequin have a female quack...the other two still peep.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by