Duckling Aggressiveness

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Knighstar679, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Knighstar679

Knighstar679 Songster

Jun 12, 2018
    Seneca Falls, NY
    As the title says I have a duckling that is 6ish weeks old. He has angel wing which I am treating but in the course of treating it I have found this duckling seems to be aggressive.

He likes biting people. Whether I am treating him or not. I can understand some biting while I am wrapping him but this morning he bit me then a friend while we were just being friendly to him. He likes to bite and not let go as well. He is one of two ducklings that used to be aggressive with the other ducklings but he hasn’t been in weeks.

Do you think he will grow out of this want to bite me or is this just something that’s going to get worse?

2. Cayuga momma

Cayuga momma Broken crayons still color

Mar 13, 2018
    Western NY
    My female duck use to bite the crap out of me at 2 months. Now she almost 3 months old and she has stopped the biting.
    Hopefully he will relax and grow out of it.
    Maybe, because he doesn't feel good, he just doesn't want to be messed with.

3. Knighstar679

Knighstar679 Songster

Jun 12, 2018
    Seneca Falls, NY
    Just worries me because my wry neck guy never bit or bites me and he had vitamins put Down his throat for a long time and he doesn’t bite. I will hope he grows out of it.

4. Cayuga momma

Cayuga momma Broken crayons still color

Mar 13, 2018
    Western NY
    He probably is just a grumpy pants right now. I would just give him time and affection.

Jpat and Knighstar679 like this.
  5. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

Scared Ducks do bite..

Soon2BChixMom likes this.
  6. Mcummings2

Mcummings2 In the Brooder

Jun 11, 2018
    Northeast Ohio
    My male pekin has been biting for months and is now attacking the neighbors. I don't know what to do anymore and my girlfriend doesn't want to rehome them.

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

How old is this drake? And how can he attack the neighbors do they just run loose in the neighborhood? We are responsiable for the actions of our pets and if your drake is attacking your neighbors on their property you are putting them and your drake at risk of injury or death for your drake if someone has enough of him. I’d rehome where he can’t attack others maybe a farm with other ducks?

Cayuga momma likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: