1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duckling beak hole/deformed

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by beby616, Mar 29, 2016.

1. beby616

beby616 New Egg

Mar 29, 2016
    I just got two ducklings yesterday, our yellow one has a leg thst seems to turn in a bit so he is not quite as quick as the other, and something is wrong its beak. Not only what seems to be a hole but the right side is a little mishapen. Posting pics. Not sure what this is and if it needs treatment. Seems to eat okay, maybe a little slower than the other duckling. Any advice would be appreciated!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Virus

Virus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2015
    Kentucky
    When he was in the egg he may have stuck to the side a little bit and got deformed or he's just unlucky. If he's walking and eating ok then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Keep an eye on him though, this may cause him problems later on. Also make sure you put brewers yeast or niacin supplements in their food to prevent any other leg problems.

1 person likes this.
  3. beby616

beby616 New Egg

Mar 29, 2016
    Thank you for guiding me in the right direction . The duckies appreciate it!

4. Virus

May 21, 2015
    Kentucky
    No problem!

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Please keep us updated week to week. They grow quickly, and I think a number of us would like to help you keep an eye on this precious little cupcake!

6. Virus

May 21, 2015
    Kentucky
    I agree, he's adorable! But to be honest what duckling isn't?

7. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I cannot think of a duckling who has not melted my heart!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by