Duckling being so quiet

Ducky13

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2017
I have one baby duckling that I hatched and is theee days old and the first days he wouldn't stop chirping so I put a stuffed bear in there to keep him "company" and now he doesn't chirp at all and I just wondering if that is normal and that he is happy? Any suggestions will be appreciated

Previously he was crying because he was alone. The stuffed animal has made him feel less alone so he has stopped crying.

Try to locate another duckling to keep him company, as they always need a friend. Plus it's easier to introduce at least two into your existing flock than it is to try to introduce a loner.

You can also hang a mirror in the brooder where the Duckling sleeps....It will love seeing its reflection...
You do need another Duckling as soon as possible...Ducks do not do well by themselves...They need physical contact with other Ducks to feel secure.....Sometimes they will die from loneliness .....

Best wishes....:frow

I have been trying to find another duckling but big r hasn't had any and I can't find anyone that has some... I try and spend as much time as I can when I am not at work so he doesn't feel so lonely

You can also hang a mirror in the brooder where the Duckling sleeps....It will love seeing its reflection...
You do need another Duckling as soon as possible...Ducks do not do well by themselves...They need physical contact with other Ducks to feel secure.....Sometimes they will die from loneliness .....

Best wishes....:frow
So I found another duckling (moscovy two weeks old) and put it in the area with the other duck and now the original duck I had is biting the new ducklings beak and pulling on his feathers and I am unsure of what to do because I don't want them fighting....is this normal for them to do this?

Back
Top Bottom