Duckling can’t lift head or walk, please help!

Aww, I’m sorry to hear he isn’t doing very well. Glad you got some egg in him and hope the poly vi sol helps. :fl
Opening his eyes is a good sign, hope he gets better.
Thank you!! I will definitely keep you posted!! Thanks for the well wishes, it’s comforting!

Sorry to hear your duckling is feeling poorly.
We are limited to the amount of treatment we can provide to a small duckling due to their size, and fragility; but the main things you will want to focus on is ensuring the duckling is being kept warm and in a stress-free environment.
If the duckling is willing to eat and drink you can try dripping a poultry vitamin alongside its bill, being careful not to aspirate the chick.
You can also try offering some mashed scrambled eggs for some protein several times a day, or offer soupy warm feed.
A lot of the time with these young ones we are dealing with fluid, nutritional, and electroltye deficits, so this would help address all.
Hopefully, you will see some improvement soon.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/nutri-drench-poultry-4-oz
Thank you again for all the help! Chester is doing so much better and running around now!!! Can I give all the ducklings some poly vi sol and scrambled eggs to strengthen them as well? Like a routine to mix in their foods ?

Thank you so much!! Very wonderful! Thank you all for all your help and concerns! Means a lot ❤️❤️
Of course! It sure is! I’m very glad to follow little Chester’s journey! You are doing a great job! ❤️ :D

A few weeks ago I hatched a call duckling that for a full 24 hours couldn’t lift its head or walk. I offered some nutridrench and scrambled eggs. I was so worried he wouldn’t pull through but amazingly he started running around and thrived! He is now around 5 weeks old and doing well. He also has a form of dwarfism and he’s really tiny. Despite this though he is doing great and holds his own with the big ones! It’s amazing how resilient ducklings are! ;)

Of course! It sure is! I’m very glad to follow little Chester’s journey! You are doing a great job! ❤️ :D

A few weeks ago I hatched a call duckling that for a full 24 hours couldn’t lift its head or walk. I offered some nutridrench and scrambled eggs. I was so worried he wouldn’t pull through but amazingly he started running around and thrived! He is now around 5 weeks old and doing well. He also has a form of dwarfism and he’s really tiny. Despite this though he is doing great and holds his own with the big ones! It’s amazing how resilient ducklings are! ;)
Aww!! I’m glad that everything worked out and he is doing better. Oh nooo about the dwarfism!! I’m sure he’s super cute though! And yes this is my first time hatching any type of ducks and Muscovy ducks too, so I was a bit surprised considering everything I read about them being difficult to hatch and the survival rate! All 6 of my eggs hatched so I was pretty happy about that, but then seeing little Chester not doing so well, I got so worried!! Appreciate the love and support and hope your duckling continues to thrive and get better and healthier daily ❤️

Aww!! I’m glad that everything worked out and he is doing better. Oh nooo about the dwarfism!! I’m sure he’s super cute though! And yes this is my first time hatching any type of ducks and Muscovy ducks too, so I was a bit surprised considering everything I read about them being difficult to hatch and the survival rate! All 6 of my eggs hatched so I was pretty happy about that, but then seeing little Chester not doing so well, I got so worried!! Appreciate the love and support and hope your duckling continues to thrive and get better and healthier daily ❤️
Me too, thanks! He sure is! He’s such a sweetie and makes up for his small size with his big personality! That’s him in my profile picture! :p

I’m glad you’ve had a great first hatch! Muscovy are adorable ducks! That is amazing that all 6 of your eggs hatched! I absolutely know how you felt to see little Chester not doing so well, and I’m so glad he’s doing better! Thanks so much! I’ll definitely keep following Chester’s (and your other ducklings) journey! Me too! I hope all your ducklings continue to thrive and stay healthy as well! Ducks are amazing creatures! :D

Back
Top Bottom