Duckling Color Guesses Anyone?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by GothChick, Jun 23, 2011.

1. GothChick

GothChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Hi everyone,

So my daughter got 4 little duckings for an early birthday present. I'm wondering if anyone has any guesses on what colors they might turn out. The two on the left are a few days younger and they had a solid black mother. The two on the right had a solid tannish/grey mother. All four ducklings have the same dad and he was a solid silver/fawn color. Any guesses?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    i have four scovy ducklings too! one is yellow and the other three looks like your other ones. i've been wondering the same thing as far as what colors they'll be lol hope someone can solve this for us [​IMG]

3. Welsh H. lover a(TM)?

Welsh H. lover a(TM)? Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    i "think" (not sure) the 2 yellow ones will be white. but i dont know about the black and yellow ones

4. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    My scovies started out exactly like the yellow ones...now they look like this...

[​IMG]

5. GothChick

GothChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the pics! I tried to pick out 4 that looked different in hopes that they would be different when they grow up. The yellow ones have colored tails. One has a dark black/brown tail and the other have a mink/grey colored tail.

6. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    The yellow ones with the colored tails indicate they will be barred. They are very pretty! Whatever color their tail is, that's what color they will be. Look like either black barred or silver, but it's hard to see in the pics!
    And I have no idea about the other two. I have a bunch of baby scovies that are different shades of black, brown, and chocolate. I am very anxious to see what colors they turn out as!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by