Duckling concerns!

TiaNicole

In the Brooder
May 18, 2020
Naples Florida
I need some advice! I currently have my four 2 week, almost 3 week old Pekins in their brooder. They have becoming more and more messy with their water. It’s to the point of where their chest see to be wet quite often. Is that okay if they’re wet like that all the time? Should I look into getting a bigger brooder so their water is farther away and everything stays dry! Any advice helps! I’ll add pictures of my current brooder!

Attachments

• 4A925FAC-A4C9-4E8F-8491-F66D2C3FD2E3.jpeg
    4A925FAC-A4C9-4E8F-8491-F66D2C3FD2E3.jpeg
    564.4 KB · Views: 10
You might want to look at a bigger sized brooder More so for more space for them as they grow. But to be honest, where there’s water there they’ll be lol. From my own personal experience you’ll never keep your brooder dry around where the water is for them.
that is to say if anyone has been successful with brooding ducklings and keeping their water area dry I’d love to hear.
Do you think I should be concerned with their chest already being wet though? I was also thinking about adding a section on for their heat plate so that they can go in there to get dry. Something like this!

Attachments

• FE88A36D-6CF9-48E7-B73B-A455E14AE204.png
    FE88A36D-6CF9-48E7-B73B-A455E14AE204.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
A kiddy pool would work too. They make great brooders and being you have Pekins they can use the space @DuckyDonna and @Isaac 0 both use kiddy pools maybe they will share pics and using a catch tray like pic shown and something like this nice thing about this too is you can go with shallow bowl for young duckling and deep bowl for larger and lid fits both. View attachment 2162230
I do this and then put a crawfish tray underit. My brooder stays pretty dry, for ducks that is.

Back
Top Bottom