Duckling Drank Finger Paint!!! Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by OreoPlymothRock, Feb 20, 2013.

1. OreoPlymothRock

OreoPlymothRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Florida
    Our duckling drank finger paint, the company is a children company named Melissa and Doug. They make school supplies. Will the duckling be alright? It is a boy duckling. He drank just a little bit of it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  2. Mygirls20

Mygirls20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2013
    Colorado
    If its non toxic I dont see why he wouldnt be ok. I mean if kids can eat it I am sure it wont hurt him.

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    To be on the safe side, put some activated charcoal (NOT the briquettes, that is toxic) in his water.

The charcoal comes as a loose powder or in capsules. About a teaspoon in a pint of water. It absorbs toxins in the gut.

Make sure he has plenty of fresh water, keep a close eye on him. [​IMG]

I tell ya, ducklings can get into some of the most incomprehensible situations. Wonder what color his poop's gonna be [​IMG]

4. melissamerry

melissamerry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2012
    Goleta, California
    I do my painting outside and sometimes when I leave my paintings to dry for an hour or so, I come back to find my beautiful white mallards spotted in reds, yellows, and greens! They're like dogs! They would roll around the the painting trying to eat the painted flowers!

Needless to say I put the paintings up higher now to dry, but they've never had a problem with the paint, besides having their feathers stained for days at a time.

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by