Duckling food type

AlishasDucks

In the Brooder
Oct 28, 2020
Hi,

I have successfully hatched 6 ducklings from an incubator. I have non medicated chic starter to feed them but I have read I also need to provide brewers yeast, oats and grit.
*What ages should I begin introducing each of these?
*What age do I move them from starter feed?

thank you in advance.
Alisha

What breed are they? Heavyweight breeds such as Pekins, grow faster, thus require different nutritional amounts in their feed than light/medium weight breeds.

Out of all waterfowl feeds, Mazuri is the best formulation-wise, but you can use something like Purina Flock Raiser, Manna-Pro duckling starter, etc. Chick starter isn't not formulated for waterfowl, so it doesn't contain several key nutrients ducklings need, the major one being niacin.

A few months ago, I did some research and found several common brewers yeast brands that contained very little niacin content in them despite it being recommended so often as a good niacin supplement. Nutritional yeast, on the other hand, tends to have a high niacin content and tends to taste better than BY. You can add two tablespoons over a cup of feed.

In regards to the oats. They don't need it.

animated-smileys-halloween-013.gif
Hello and welcome!

What breed are they? Heavyweight breeds such as Pekins, grow faster, thus require different nutritional amounts in their feed than light/medium weight breeds.

Out of all waterfowl feeds, Mazuri is the best formulation-wise, but you can use something like Purina Flock Raiser, Manna-Pro duckling starter, etc. Chick starter isn't not formulated for waterfowl, so it doesn't contain several key nutrients ducklings need, the major one being niacin.

A few months ago, I did some research and found several common brewers yeast brands that contained very little niacin content in them despite it being recommended so often as a good niacin supplement. Nutritional yeast, on the other hand, tends to have a high niacin content and tends to taste better than BY. You can add two tablespoons over a cup of feed.

Thank you for replying.
They are

thank you for replying.
They are khaki campbell ducklings.
I will look into all your recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom