Duckling not extending neck

Eban333

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
Willamette Valley, Oregon
Hello. We got two baby ducks on Saturday and this evening one of them won't stretch out it's neck. She's drinking a little and moving around, but not as much as the other one. She's mostly laying down. I tried giving her a few drops of oil in case she has some food stuck in her throat or something... any other suggestions?

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

It's possible she/he is injured or sick. What sort of poops is the duck doing? Is it closing its eyes most of the time? When it does get up, does it walk normally, or if not, how so?

Best wishes with it.

What is their food? Do they have water 24/7? Who has been handling them? Have they been given any treats or grit?

Some possibilities - nutrient deficiency, impacted digestive system, infection, neck injury, dehydration… could be a number of things.

Is she eating at all?

Can you upload pictures?

I cannot stay in front of the computer this morning, prayers that all sorts itself out. Please keep us updated.

She was fine by the next morning! She probably had something stuck in her throat. My sister's advice of lots of warm water to drink and a few drops of oil seemed to help!

Back
Top Bottom