Duckling Photos

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by gofasterstripe, Sep 9, 2010.

1. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Im always taking photos and BYC today didnt have many photos put up so thought I would add a few....no reason other than something to look at [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are now coming out the door to the little tote full of water for a swim

[​IMG]

All it takes is 1...and the rest follow. Bam Bam is always 1st.

[​IMG]

minus Sipi...she is always the slow coach

[​IMG]

Squidgies splodges...they are black, dark grey and brown

[​IMG]

Then the mule let rip and they all went running

[​IMG]

time to clean up before dinner

[​IMG]

waiting for dinner to be served....then its bed time.

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Great Pics!! I just love ducks. the mottled colored one is very pretty and unusual. What color do you think he will grow up to be?

3. Broodica

Broodica Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    Thanks for the pics. They are so sweet....I still think my ducks look dorky with their big bodies and teeny wings....[​IMG]

How old are they?

4. gofasterstripe

Quote:She will be blue...but with patches of black, maybe darker grey and maybe brown....I dont realy know. When she was littler you could only see 3 little black spots but now she is growing like a weed there are more spots than I could see when she was little. They are only 3 1/2 weeks old just now.

5. gofasterstripe

Quote:Dont you love it when they stretch upwards and flap their little wings, they sorta look deformed in some way [​IMG]
    They are 3 1/2 weeks old

6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Oh wow, it wasn't that long ago that you showed us photos of tiny little ducklings, it seems.

7. gofasterstripe

Quote:Yes I know [​IMG]
    The photo in my Avatar is Sly my pekin when they were about 5 days old having their 1st bath

8. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    So cute! I love looking at pictures of your ducklings since we got ours from Metzers on the same day!

9. gofasterstripe

Quote:Java is your brown runner still smaller than the others? Mine are, not by much tho, but they are more reserved, more skittish and more slender than the others, plus my other blue one is small aswell. Sly, Bam Bam and Squidgie and loonies, always 1st, pushing each other out the way, always 1st in the water, noisy as god knows what, I call them the loony toon ducks then the sane crew Sipi, Truffy and no name are all more reserved and stick together...(yes I know, 3 weeks old and still no name but the past few days Ive been calling her Nene so it will likely stick)

10. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    Yeah, my brown runner is a little more than half the size of my blue runner. The blue runner is really lazy. He loves to curl up on our lap. When he's out and running around, if we sit on the floor, he hops right up in our lap and snuggles up. The brown runner is really active and kinda crazy. He will settle down though. He's the one in my avatar. I really need to post some pictures of them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by