Duckling PICS - age 1 week 6 days

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by davekrista, Nov 11, 2010.

1. davekrista

davekrista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    Figured I would share some pics. My pekin ducklings are starting to get a little bigger, and much more vocal. I swear I have all girls. Most peep this very high pitched screaching loud type of peep. I think I have 1 that isn't so high pitched or loud. Maybe just more mellow than the others. They will be 2 weeks tomorrow.

Top left-right: Lollypop, and bella, bottom left-right: Daffy and lucky

[​IMG]

Bottom to top: Lucky, Lollypop and bella

[​IMG]

Daffy

[​IMG]

Left-right: Lucky, Lollypop, Belly (in back) and Daffy

[​IMG]

In the last pic Lucky has like a bigger breast (not sure what its called) but is that normal? Lucky is the smaller of the 4 and has a big like breast area compared to the rest. Should I be worried?

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    OMG u have a crested duckie!! gimme gimme

3. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    Quote:Yes that one is lollypop and my my 7 y/o daughters. She likes it because its alot easier for her to tell the difference and which one is hers.[​IMG]

4. Blondiega1

Blondiega1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Dallas, Ga.
    TOO CUTE!!!

I would LOVE to have some grand duckies, but I don't think I have the patience to take care of them till they would be big enough to release on our lake.

5. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Awww, cute!

I've noticed that wild ducklings get a big fat pad in their front sometimes. Also, I've noticed that it gets bigger right after they eat. I don't know what causes that or if it's normal. Perhaps Lucky is eating more than the others?

6. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    Adorable! Makes me want baby ducks again!

7. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    Quote:Thats funny because they were eating right before I took the pics. But it is very noticable whenever i see them. maybe lucky is always eating before i go down there. I will have to pay more attention to see if that is what it is.[​IMG]

8. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I hope it's nothing serious. I know that's one thing I love about little ducklings is the little fat-ball they get that sticks way out. But, I don't know if that's something that's good or normal. I do notice that many ducklings don't get that at all, especially if they don't get fed a lot.

9. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    Quote:Could I be feeding them too much? I make sure they have food available to them constantly figuring they will eat when they want to.

10. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Dontcha just love it when they are all fuzzy and cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by