Duckling question

Kellypete9

Chirping
Apr 19, 2020
Good morning. I have a question about my ducklings. They are about 3 weeks old when I got them I got food that I was told from the employee at tractor supply was good for them. I have just started adding brewers yeast because they seem to have very week legs. They take a few steps then lay down. Was I to late adding the yeast or will it help strengthen their legs.

Let me guess, they are pekins right? Go to TSC and for $16.99 get some B-complex for them and start them on it right away. This is what it looks like:
IMG_0251.JPG

It says injectable but we all give it over treats or put it in their food. In my opinion putting it in water is a waste because of the way they spill and slobber.

I have not. I have some granite grit for our chickens. Can I use that. I have taken the out every few days for about an hour

Since they're 3 weeks old you can put a little of that grit you have in a separate little cup. I use a custard cup and yes, they step in it and knock it over but I just put a little bit in the dish at a time. A 5lb bag will last the rest of your life because once they are out full time they will no longer need it.

They need it to digest anything you give them that is not "duck food". Don't mix it with their food, they instinctively know when they need it and will help themselves to it.

Back
Top Bottom