Duckling Starter vs Grower

srose0116

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
I recently added two ducklings to my flock. They’re about four weeks now and have been on McGreary Starter with Brewers Yeast. I’ve read about switching them over to a grower but I can’t seem to find any of the usual brands I buy. My adult ducks all eat the Mazuri breeder/maintenance. They also make a starter, but no grower. I want them to be on the best food possible. They’re both females, and keeping them happy and healthy is my number one priority. What do you recommend? Egg production isn’t really a concern, I’d much rather them live a long happy life than produce a crazy amount of eggs. (Seriously, I only have one layer right now and she produces more eggs than mine or my moms households can handle! Haha)
Thanks in advance. This forum has been my savior.
Here’s a photo of them, Sugar in the front, Lady on the left, and me on the right!

Attachments

• 518CCF9F-D24B-4DDD-9C0F-87927621A0E7.jpeg
    518CCF9F-D24B-4DDD-9C0F-87927621A0E7.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 8
I had a really hard time finding grower and finisher. You can use starter and add oats to it to bring down the protein concentration. You add about 20% of oats to the starter. They cannot have layer feed because the calcium levels are too high and can cause them harm. If the maintenance feed does not have elevated calcium, it should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom