Duckling walk :)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cskotek, Apr 14, 2012.

1. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Has anyone ever had a duckling follow them everywhere? I have one (working with another one too) that will follow me and if im out of its sight will cry unless with other babies :p Heres some pics when we went for a walk today, :)!
    [​IMG]
    This is down by the pond :p
    [​IMG]
    This is in the silts (about 1/2 mile) And he is light enough that he dsent even leave foot prints!
    [​IMG]
    This is where he decided to sit and take a break :p this is where we turned around. A person had passed by on a quad and did a double look LOL. Over all walk was about 1 mile and 1/2 [​IMG]

2. Jkioneil

Jkioneil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    I love that! My turkey would do that and cry and if i got too far she would yell and run as fast as she could to get to me. So sweet. When she got big she would try and come in the house all the time and sometimes if the back door was left open i would be watching tv and suddenly notice my huge turkey stting by my feet just watching tv. happened all the time. she love me and I her.[​IMG]

3. Jkioneil

Jkioneil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    I am so glad you posted pictures too! you guys will have such a special bond. thank you so much for sharing it!

4. cskotek

5. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    He's imprinted and thinks you (or humans) are his mom. The other ducklings might be imprinted on him or each other. Definitely cute! Nice little black runner.

6. cskotek

Awe thank you!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by