Duckling wing looks sore

Vfeinberg

Hatching
Jul 9, 2019
A8390663-36B8-497F-9BA8-89E996792537.jpeg
Hello! I am a new duckling mom. I noticed one of my ducklings (only one week old) has some red sore looking part of its wing. Anyone know what it could be/ what I can do for it?

Welcome to BYC.

I'm not sure from the picture whether that's thin fluff or a sore. If you touch the spot, does it feel warmer than normal? Is the duckling acting like he's in any pain? Does the skin feel rough or otherwise unusual?

If it seems like it's sore, you can rub some antibiotic ointment (neosporin, bacitracin) on the spot, or just dab a tiny bit of lotion on it.

Thank you for your response! The spot does not feel hotter than normal and the duckling does not seem to be in any pain. That particular duckling is more skittish then the rest, but it’s been like that since birth. When I touch the spot it feels kinda like a tiny hard lump, but it doesn’t seem to care when its being touched. If I see any changes I’ll definitely be more worried. Thank you again!

Victoria

Thank you for your response! The spot does not feel hotter than normal and the duckling does not seem to be in any pain. That particular duckling is more skittish then the rest, but it’s been like that since birth. When I touch the spot it feels kinda like a tiny hard lump, but it doesn’t seem to care when its being touched. If I see any changes I’ll definitely be more worried. Thank you again!

Victoria
Since it does seem like a lump, I'd probably put some lotion on it and then leave it alone. Good luck with your ducks.

Back
Top Bottom