Duckling with injured leg.

Kadri

Hatching
Apr 27, 2022
Hello, I have a month old duckling that took a bad fall getting out of the kitty pool 4 days ago. It sticking out to the side but it's able to move it and walk on it for a little while. Its no swollen or discolored. It isn't pecking at it or seem too bothered about it but it doesn't look straight like the other ducklings legs are.. any tips I could possibly get to be sure it heals properly?
I've let it rest for 2 days and on the 3rd day is when I've noticed it sticking out to the side. I've tried getting answers online by vets but go nothing back. So I figured I'd ask here.. it pains me to see the poor thing limping. Any advise?
Thanks in advance.

Can you upload a video of your duckling walking? You can start your duckling on some Liquid b complex it's great for leg strength and support also when one is injured. Have you noticed any difference in both legs up where the leg attaches to the body? maybe out of socket? It's out to the side like when walking or laying down? Rest, liquid B complex and water therapy can all help when one injures a leg. to upload a video you will have to put it on youtube or Vimeo then copy and paste it here.
:welcome

Can you upload a video of your duckling walking? You can start your duckling on some Liquid b complex it's great for leg strength and support also when one is injured. Have you noticed any difference in both legs up where the leg attaches to the body? maybe out of socket? It's out to the side like when walking or laying down? Rest, liquid B complex and water therapy can all help when one injures a leg. to upload a video you will have to put it on youtube or Vimeo then copy and paste it here.

That looks painful and just a rec but might have a vet take a look. The leg could have been broken and you don't want it to heal improperly and the duckling have to limp all it's life and it is going to be a heavy breed so needs sturdy legs.

Hello, I have a month old duckling that took a bad fall getting out of the kitty pool 4 days ago. It sticking out to the side but it's able to move it and walk on it for a little while. Its no swollen or discolored. It isn't pecking at it or seem too bothered about it but it doesn't look straight like the other ducklings legs are.. any tips I could possibly get to be sure it heals properly?
I've let it rest for 2 days and on the 3rd day is when I've noticed it sticking out to the side. I've tried getting answers online by vets but go nothing back. So I figured I'd ask here.. it pains me to see the poor thing limping. Any advise?
Thanks in advance.
Go to the dctores and they will cheack or just leave it alone and see what happen's

Back
Top Bottom