1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duckling with shaking legs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chickndoglover, Apr 24, 2009.

1. chickndoglover

chickndoglover Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Victoria, BC Canada
    I have 3 indian runner ducklings (girls) that are just about 5 weeks old, they are in an outside coop now and can go outside only when I am there. There is still a heat lamp on in the corner if they need it, they are run around and chirp/quack at me and take food from me and are very happy and growing. The little blue one, her legs shake when ever she stands still, so she lays down. Then when she gets up again they shake again. This is happening all the time. Will she outgrow this, the other 2 dont do it?

2. headred

headred Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Lawrence
    I have one that does that and it seems like when he's nervous or scared. Can that make sense??!! I haven't noticed him doing it lately, was more when he was 3 to 4 weeks old. Very comfortable with me now at 8 weeks.

3. chickndoglover

chickndoglover Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Victoria, BC Canada
    I dont think she is scared I had them all at home and they came to work with me for 2 weeks and had a bath ( I have a dog grooming shop) they have been exposed to lots of things and noises.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by