Duckling wormer

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SundownWaterfowl, May 7, 2009.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Where can I buy wormer for ducks, and what is the youngest age you can give duckling wormer?

2. xfilesnumber1fan

xfilesnumber1fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Missouri
    Do ducks get worms? Thought that was chickens....???????

3. Webfoot

Webfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Central TX
    Ducks don't generally get worms, but if you have good reason to think yours do, check out this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1069880

I
    used Eprinex on my duck flock a couple of years ago when we had a really wet year and all of the other animals had roundworms (which live in the soil, so the ducks would have been exposed). This is an off-label use, so you won't find any dosage guidelines from the manufacturer, or any consensus on how long you should discard eggs (there is zero milk withdrawal in dairy animals), so you'll just have to go with the advice you get from others who've used it--if you decide to go that route.

Webfoot

4. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    I know someone that uses Ivomec as well...

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I dont think they have them, I was reading that ducks should be wormed every fall as a preventative.

6. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    ~SunSetsWest~ :

I know someone that uses Ivomec as well...

OK! I went to TSC and now realize that Eprinex is an Ivomec product, but has anyone used the regular 1% Ivomec in the brown box? I know someone that puts in the drinking water to de worm, anyone tried this??​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by