Duckling

If you've got a hardware/feed or similar (tractor supply) visit them and pick up a bag of feed. Ideally flock raiser, but there are other brands (flock raiser tends to be my go to.)

You'll also want to find him/her a buddy. Ducks are flock animals, and need a full time companion.

If you don't intend to keep ducks at all, look for a local wildlife rehabber.

ETA: ducklings need more niacin than chicks, so if you feed a chick feed, you'll need to provide supplemental niacin.

Last edited:
He's parents and siblings is here in our dam. Someone bit of he's foot. The vet put a cast on. So its terrible so see how he is missing them and they are missing him. But untill the foot is healed he must me be kept still.

If you've got a hardware/feed or similar (tractor supply) visit them and pick up a bag of feed. Ideally flock raiser, but there are other brands (flock raiser tends to be my go to.)

You'll also want to find him/her a buddy. Ducks are flock animals, and need a full time companion.

If you don't intend to keep ducks at all, look for a local wildlife rehabber.

ETA: ducklings need more niacin than chicks, so if you feed a chick feed, you'll need to provide supplemental niacin.
We just gave our ducklings chick feed with fresh greens and they never had a problem.

I looked like a mad woman today uprooying my garden looking for bugs and feeding it to him. He is going to the vet again tomorrow to have the cast redone. After he heals, will he's family take him back?

Back
Top Bottom