Duckling

Dawn powell

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2023
Hi wondering if anyone could help I have a 3 day old duckling that has a problem his whole body just wobbles can’t seem to control it he is having vitamins also have tried glucose he is eating and drinking with my help

they posted in new members also and said feeding "chick crumbles and glucose and vitamins that have niacin."
Bedding we dont know yet... Dawn?

What are you feeding and what vitamins are you giving to it? What type of bedding/flooring is it on?
Chick crumbs
they posted in new members also and said feeding "chick crumbles and glucose and vitamins that have niacin."
Bedding we dont know yet... Dawn?
At the moment I am using old towels so he is not slipping about he also has heat

Can you post video of its wobbles? You’ll need to upload to something like YouTube and then post the link here. Would give a better idea of what is going on with the little one.
I have been to the vets with him they have told me he has got wobblers and he will not survive has he will die from exhaustion Thankyou for your help

I have been to the vets with him they have told me he has got wobblers and he will not survive has he will die from exhaustion Thankyou for your help
I looked up wobblers syndrome and couldn't find it affecting any animal other than dogs. Is the vet you went to an avian vet that knows about poultry?
I'd still try by giving the little one either poultry cell or poultry nutri drench it deserves a chance.
Is the duckling eating and drinking?

Back
Top Bottom