duckling

Cheeks

Songster
12 Years
May 10, 2007
Ohio
im thinking about getting a duckling, maybe a gosling, but i cant find any hatcheries that ship in small numbers.
do you guys know of any?

( i dont have any feed stores that ive found that sell ducks/chicks/goslings )

We just order from Cackle Hatchery and only ordered 2 ducklings along with some goslings. I think the only hatchery that will send out a few is Ideal in Texas. Ours will here on June 15. Can't wait. Micki

would it be alright if i only got one gosling?
it would get lots of attention from me and the girls too, but would he/she need another goose? are they more comfortable in pairs?

I like Ideal -of course I've only had one breed of duck from them, but all the others from Ideal at the feed store looked nice and healthy. I have to say though, no matter if you get geese or ducks you should at least get two. For one, they are flock/herd animals and like to be with their own. And secondly, because they are so fragile you may lose one or two.

Also, geese are a lot bigger than ducks, louder, and more prone to chasing and biting -especially kids. There are some good books and online resources that might help in your decision making, just do a little googling. Good luck!
big_smile.png

We just got ours yesterday from a swap meet near here. We got some from an Amish family who were there selling lots of ducks/ducklings. You might look under the title swap meets here on BYC and see if you can find a meet close to you?
DSC01410.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

Back
Top Bottom