Ducklings almost 8 weeks!

Mrsg1015

Chirping
Apr 8, 2018
Here’s an updated picture of my ducklings! I had 4, one of them passed away May 6....not sure why he did. The others have seemed fine. We should have there coup finished by Monday and outside they go all the time! My husband and I think the one that passed away was the male . So hoping we can either find an adult male sometime this summer. The only difference I’m noticing with them is we are having some brown diarrhea......they are eating well, drinking, acting normal so I’m not sure what it means.

Attachments

• 5AC9C5A7-D4AF-4638-AF98-E1E10B1D6A79.jpeg
    5AC9C5A7-D4AF-4638-AF98-E1E10B1D6A79.jpeg
    782.3 KB · Views: 13
My gosling came down with water brown poo and it cleared up with outside time the hatchery told me to give probiotics in the water. Cant wait for mine to be 8 weeks and outside, how fun!

5B48C980-1875-4AEB-8C56-D667C25D1F77.jpeg
Here’s an updated picture of my ducklings! I had 4, one of them passed away May 6....not sure why he did. The others have seemed fine. We should have there coup finished by Monday and outside they go all the time! My husband and I think the one that passed away was the male . So hoping we can either find an adult male sometime this summer. The only difference I’m noticing with them is we are having some brown diarrhea......they are eating well, drinking, acting normal so I’m not sure what it means.
My gosling came down with water brown poo and it cleared up with outside time the hatchery told me to give probiotics in the water. Cant wait for mine to be 8 weeks and outside, how fun!
I take them outside for at least an hour a day, more if I can. Is the probiotics at store labeled for foul/bird? Like chicken? Or is there something else I can do? Thanks for the tips!

The brown poop is probably from eating dirt and grass outside. They definitely will be happier once they can be outside full time. 8 weeks is pretty old to be confined indoors..
Well they are fully feathered at 8 weeks, so they can tolerate weather. And of course we need to make sure they have a good coup and safety. All of which takes time

As far as the "diarrhea" - they drink a lot if water do their poos are generally runnier. But, if it continues to be a concern, you could post a pic of it.
The save a chick electrolytes and probiotics wont hurt though.

Back
Top Bottom