Ducklings and Cockatiels

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by JJpuck, Jan 29, 2014.

1. JJpuck

JJpuck Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2014
    I am planning on getting ducklings this summer. As you all know, for the first month of their life they will have to live in my room (my room being the most suitable place for them to live, the next best place being the bathroom). I have a cockatiel, named JJ (hence my username [​IMG]) and she also lives in my room (even though she comes with me everywhere around the house). I was wondering if the ducklings would be affected by her presence (i.e. become agitated, nervous, anxious, etc.) Or if JJ would be negatively affected by them. Please let me know your input.
    Thanks

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I have been thinking about this for a while. I have no experience with cockatiels . . . Ducks generally seem to get along with whoever is normal in their lives. I mean, often ducks raised with cats will be fine with cats, or with dogs, dogs. Ducklings often go through a phase where they are terrified of anything above them. So a cockatiel flying over their brooder might be a problem. Really hard to predict, seems to me.

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    No, i have brooded my standard chickens, a set of calls and my original scovies in my dining room(which really isn't but that's the official name lol)

ANyways, in this room is a flight cage of budgies, one severe macaw and a pionus parrot. Nobody was traumatized.. and if anybody knows a thing about a macaw they are LOUD. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by