1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ducklings Brooded by Goose?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Kangasox, Jun 19, 2017 at 1:10 PM.

1. Kangasox

Kangasox Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2015
    Not sure whether to post this here or in geese, but I have a Toulouse sitting on a nest of 1 goose egg (pretty sure it's not fertile) and 3 duck eggs which are developing nicely and by my calculations due to hatch this weekend or early next week. What do I need to do? Can I let her take charge after they hatch? I just worry about her size etc and didn't know what I should expect. Should I keep them separate from the rest of the flock of they do hatch? I have incubated before but this is my first time watching the natural way. And I skipped that chapter in the Holderread book because I thought I wouldn't need it, and loaned it out!!

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Keep separate ....If she is a good Momma she will not crush or injure the Ducklings.....Provide feed and water close to the nest....They will eat and drink then...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by