1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ducklings fighting

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by duckies4ever, Sep 10, 2016.

1. duckies4ever

duckies4ever Just Hatched

Jul 8, 2016
    Vernon Connecticut
    We separated our duckling that was being bullied even is a safe environment he won't eat or drink and he won't quack at all what should I do

2. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    There are a number of things you can try. The top two that I would recommend would be either-

1. P.M. me where you live and I can find you a vet to talk to.

2. Try keeping them together, but seperated by a screen, so that they can see each other, but not touch each other.

3. duckies4ever

Jul 8, 2016
    Vernon Connecticut
    We live in Connecticut

4. duckies4ever

Jul 8, 2016
    Vernon Connecticut
    Poor duckling won't eat or drink I'm worried please help

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Did you find a vet? That would be best.

Meanwhile, an unbreakable mirror could help - and as Ameraucanas wrote, separating them but letting them see each other helps.

Ideally, getting a weight would be good (with ducklings some kitchen scales work) to monitor weight loss. @casportpony has some recommendations there - you may need to consider tube feeding or syringe feeding.

What is the temperature in the brooder? What do they eat? Is food available with water 24/7? Is the little one pooping? Have they had chick grit or anything other than starter food?

@duckies4ever

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  6. duckies4ever

Jul 8, 2016
    Vernon Connecticut
    The little guy didn't make it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by