Ducklings first trip outside...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SunAngel, May 13, 2009.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    DD took our 2 ducklings outside yesterday to play in the grass and sunshine. I couldn't resist getting a few pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The kids have named the crested Black Swedish, Poof, but the yellow one has no name yet. I hatched the crested one in my bator 2 weeks ago, along with 2 others. I got the bright idea to sell the other 2 ducklings, big mistake, Poof hollered day and night. So I had to run down to TSC and hope they had ducklings in. Luckily they had just gotten some in that morning, so now Poof has a friend. Two of the ducks I hatched had dark black feet and bills, and one had spotted, I assumed that meant Poof was a girl, but she seemed bigger than the other two, with a longer bill. Now I am starting to wonder which she is. She was the first to hatch and the only crested one, we couldn't part with her.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Beautiful babies.

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Thanks [​IMG] I still want to steal a couple of your new ones though lol

Its good I know how messy they end up being, or I would probably have 20 ducklings!! I do have 27 duck eggs in the bator due to hatch next week, so I might get my wish lol.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    LOL check out my Holy Cow post ....there are some cute pics of DD meeting the ducks for the first time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by