Ducklings hatching?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by barkerboysflock, Sep 17, 2016.

1. barkerboysflock

barkerboysflock New Egg

Sep 9, 2016
    I have 11 eggs in an incubator with auto Turner 8 of which have only been in a week or so 2 have stasted peeping and have broken their innermembranes. Another one is maybe a day or 2 behind them. Should I turn off the auto Turner while the 2 hatch or take it out completely until the eggs hatch? Our humidity is at 80% or so as near as nevermind

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. barkerboysflock

barkerboysflock New Egg

Sep 9, 2016
    Also how long should it take for them to hatch once they break the membrane and start talking through the shell? The one has been talking since last night. I am concerned the shell is too hard because we has some that were DOS (dead in shell) and we threw them in the field behind the house and they did not break. In the end we got a log and threw them at it and they finally broke.

3. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Were these eggs being sat on by a hen? I might be reading your post wrong but you said they are on day 8 and are internally pipped?? What breed of duck? Ducks can take a long time to hatch. Internal pip can last 24-48 hours, external pip can also last 24-48 hours.
    Do you have a staggered hatch? Are the other eggs only 2 days behind?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by