Ducklings in Florida Winter

DianaBianca

Hatching
Jan 3, 2016
I have a question regarding keeping my ducklings in a coop on my back porch. It is about to start getting cold (I know, it's not really that cold in Florida) and I want to be sure they will be safe.

They are in a coop that has a closed area on the top and I have it lined with wood chip bedding. It is going to be dropping into the 40's over the next few nights, are they safe in that weather? They are about 3-4 weeks old.

I have a question regarding keeping my ducklings in a coop on my back porch.  It is about to start getting cold (I know, it's not really that cold in Florida) and I want to be sure they will be safe.

They are in a coop that has a closed area on the top and I have it lined with wood chip bedding.  It is going to be dropping into the 40's over the next few nights, are they safe in that weather?  They are about 3-4 weeks old.

I'm not a duck owner, but they should be fine as long as their feathers are fully grown in, you make sure they are inside the coop at night, and you introduce them to it in the morning or after noon when there is plenty of day left for them to explore and learn about the outside world.

Back
Top Bottom