ducklings in NJ

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlisa, May 26, 2008.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I have 9 ducklings- either pure Black Swedish, Cayuga, or mixed Black Swede and Cayuga....

They are pick up only and $5.00 each.
    They were born the week of May 5-9, so they are about 3 weeks old now.

Cute ducklings.growing quickly!
    Lisa

2. ctreynard

ctreynard New Egg

Mar 25, 2008
    Looking for 2 female cayugas....[​IMG]

3. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm not sure which ones are girls and boys yet. I remember my adults last year would peep really loudly and they were the girls, and the boys were not so loud. If I try that method, I might find a couple of girls, but there is no way to tell if they are pure Cayuga or a mix. Some of mine are so black with no real yellow on their chests-just a faint dusty look. I'm thinking they are the Cayugas, so please PM me. I'll try to see if those ones are the loud ones or the calmer ones....and let you know.
    Thanks!
    Lisa
    Edited to say- I just googled Pics of baby Cayuga ducklings and I know that at least 2 of mine are exactly like the pics.Pure Cayuga. I've got to find out if they are girls or boys now...and that won't be 100% either. You can't tell for sure for months- these are 3 weeks old this week.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  4. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Hey, I just was with the ducklings- moving them outside for some fresh air and grass....and to clean their yucky brooder box. I am quite sure, but not 100%, that at least 2 of these Cayuga babies are girls and 1 is a boy. They seem to complain louder when I hold them and they are a little more slender than the one I think is a boy. That one peeps at first, then just lets me hold it, and its a bigger, heftier duckling. They are all black-bills, legs, feet, and a dusty lighter color on their chest. But not yellow like the Swedish babies either or nearly as light or as much of it.
    Let me know-anyone if interested in these babies. I'd love to have pick up only (NW NJ) and will even listen to reasonable offers for them. Thanks

Lisa

5. 3lilchicks

3lilchicks Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2008
    wantage
    where in northwest nj are you located?
    Joann

6. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    08865- Phillipsburg/Alpha area.... hope that's good and close to where you are... [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by