Ducklings legs peeling?

SamDuck24

In the Brooder
Jan 13, 2017
I took this photo while baby duckie was stretched out sleeping on my lap. He's inside raised and a very loved little baby. Please advise :) he's also getting the right food. Poop is normal looking and drinks plenty water. Could be dry air? Growing?

Yeah he plays in water 4-5 times a day (supervised ) I'll definitely give the lotion / oil a go. Thanks!

I took this photo while baby duckie was stretched out sleeping on my lap. He's inside raised and a very loved little baby. Please advise
smile.png
he's also getting the right food. Poop is normal looking and drinks plenty water. Could be dry air? Growing?

He's growing. It's normal for their legs to peel a bit as they grow so fast. I didn't do anything special with my girls if their legs were starting to peel a bit.

I agree! Keep an eye on them though, it's a weird thing to see them peel like that and I'm not familiar with it becoming an issue for the ducklings, but checking for raw spots is still a good idea. Especially if they break their skin.. you want to know if there's a wound before you find it infected.

Just keep an eye on it, to be safe really.

Back
Top Bottom