ducklings that sleeps on feet

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by katiecandi, Oct 18, 2016.

1. katiecandi

katiecandi Just Hatched

Oct 18, 2016
    California
    i just brought home two one day old ducklings and i noticed that when they sleep one of them sleeps laying down with its two legs underneath it, is this normal? or is there something wrong with her feet/legs? she can walk perfectly fine she just sometimes keeps her legs spread out when she sleeps like shown in the picture[​IMG]

2. Orca5094

Orca5094 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Sweden
    Sometimes they do that to cool their legs off a bit when they get too warm. Nothing to be concerned about. :)

3. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

That is very normal and VERY cute....! Sometimes they will sleep like road kill, all stretched out....

No worries....

Cheers!

2 people like this.
  4. The Duck Ladie

The Duck Ladie Duck Addict

Feb 23, 2016
    Nothing to worry about. They do that some times.

5. katiecandi

katiecandi Just Hatched

Oct 18, 2016
    California
    perfectt!! thanks guys! :) they're so cute i'm obsessed!!

6. chickens really

They do have a way to steal hearts...Little feathered puppies! They stay that way their whole lives...Sweethearts.....

Cheers!

7. The Duck Ladie

The Duck Ladie Duck Addict

Feb 23, 2016
    I love that about them. They never really grow up.... [​IMG]

8. chickens really

9. purslanegarden

purslanegarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2016
    Whenever I see my birds do that, I always think "OMG she's dead!" But then when I get closer, they stand up and walk off.

Babies seem to do it more often, maybe because they aren't so set in their ways yet where they think feet should be under them. However, I've seen adults doing it also.

10. chickens really

Whenever I see my birds do that, I always think "OMG she's dead!"  But then when I get closer, they stand up and walk off.

Babies seem to do it more often, maybe because they aren't so set in their ways yet where they think feet should be under them.  However, I've seen adults doing it also.
    [/quote

Yes..my rescue Hen stretches out on her belly, half on her side, leg in the air and fast asleep...Silly Duck!

Cheers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by