Ducklings

Quackers08

Chirping
7 Years
May 15, 2012
Cornwall, England
I'm contemplating getting like a heat thing for ducklings to go under like they would be going under the actual duck, does anybody have any ideas which one would be best to get? Thanks!

Amiga

Overrun with Runners
11 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Southern New England
Oh, I think you mean something warm, like momma duck body temperature, that ducklings could snuggle under.

Hmmm, I don't know of anything like that. I am so overprotective, I would make sure there was no way for anyone to suffocate, because a duck mom would be responsive to little ones, but a heat thing like you describe would not be sensitive to them like a live duck.

Cool idea, actually, except (I feel) for that possible risk.

Amiga

Overrun with Runners
11 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Southern New England
Just make sure they cannot get stuck. Ducklings can get themselves into the most ridiculous, and life-threatening situations in the blink of an eye. So if you plan to sleep . . . . .

Quackers08

Chirping
7 Years
May 15, 2012
Cornwall, England
yeah thats what i looked at and i think i'll get the one that can be raired and is just for over head. I think my duck is sitting now (hope so)
wee.gif
so may have some babies in a month

Quackers08

Chirping
7 Years
May 15, 2012
Cornwall, England
hope she does. my nan hatched chicks yesterday and she had a few problems with some of them so had to have them inside which was why i thought i migfht need one just in case

welsummer12

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 17, 2012
Ireland
Hello! I am having the exact same thought as you! If my duck successfully hatches out her own ducklings i would expect the mother to keep them warm? Like in the wild. It would definitely be better seeing i don't have to buy a heat lamp! :D

Top Bottom