Duckopolis reviews

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by marvun22, Oct 29, 2013.

1. marvun22

marvun22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    North Dakota
    It has a good selection of Muscovies, but there isn't much for reviews on them.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    That's where owners of Muscovy's on here come in handy we can give you first hand info since we live with them. [​IMG]

3. marvun22

Jul 8, 2012
    North Dakota
    Sorry for the vagueness. I meant reviews on http://www.duckopolis.com/.

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  5. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    After looking at the link.
    I would say that a site that has no pricing, hasn't been updated in almost 3 months and has a lot of pics of "their" birds but none of which look like they were taken in the same place, I'd say no.

Remember, anyone can have a website. Just because they have one, it doesn't make them legit. Look at legitimate hatcheries, of which there aren't many.

6. marvun22

Jul 8, 2012
    North Dakota
    I am probably going to take jdywntr's advice and just find someone here who sells it. And Amiga, with that link were you referring to the person who said Duckopolis was in Canada and wouldn't ship to america? Or we're you telling me about the seller?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  7. ricklajambe

ricklajambe New Egg

Jul 10, 2016
    I did business with Duckopolis this year. I ordered and paid a premium price for mature ducks and received juveniles. The business owner refused to give me any refund claiming that he considers 8 week old ducks to be mature and this is how he has been doing business for years. At 8 weeks, they are at least another 12 weeks from sexual maturity.

I do not enjoy saying negative things about people, but I feel compelled to inform anyone considering doing business with Duckopolis to be aware that you will pay top dollar for a "mature" duck and are likely to receive a juvenile.

8. Welshies

Welshies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    Trent is nice, but the website is not recently updated and the pictures are not consistent

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by