Ducks (and a Chicken) and Moving Them to the Great Outdoors

PepperM

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2016
Omaha, NE
I have a pretty small house for me and my hubs, but 3 acres with a barn. My 2 ducklings are supposedly 3 weeks now (DOB 04/04/16) and HUGE and stinky
sickbyc.gif
and I want to move them out to the barn.

We have no power run to the barn YET (we're working on that...the previous owner, who was evicted, cut the power to the barn because he was mad...idiot) but have a lovely space for the ducks and my one remaining chicken that none of the fox (yes, we have a mamma and two babies living on the acreage next to us) can get into.

The ducks are getting feathers finally (YAY!) but I dont know if they are quite ready for the barn w/o a lamp. If they house with my chicken, do you think they will keep warm via Henny Penny, who is HUGE source of heat in her own right.

I live in Omaha, Nebraska. The daytime temps right now are between 65 to 80 and nightime, 45 to 55. A bit damp, but not terrible. We are building a run off the barn that Henny Penny, Cracker and Honky can access from the barn so they can play safely outside, swim, etc.

Any information would be helpful. The brooder we built is already too small for them
hmm.png

Thanks!

Pepper

Henny Penny, aka, Hellbeast, Guardian of Rotten Acres

Honky and Cracker

Back
Top Bottom