ducks and buckets

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by trees, Sep 24, 2011.

1. trees

trees Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG] oh my god! well as i said i did get a flexible bucket for the water due to wonter coming. i chose very carefully thinking the size i got would not be large enough or low enough for the ducks to even attempt to get in...how wrong can a ducky mummy be?!

Basil was straight in!! nutty duck! cos its flexible he sat in it and pushed his feet on each wall of the bucket...wish id had my camera!

2. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Yup. I had the same thing happen.

[​IMG]

I was like, um you don't really fit in there. The chickens were not happy as that is (or was) their bucket. [​IMG]

3. trees

trees Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2011
    yep thats like him while the chicks look on a bit disgruntled!

4. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Yup... My geese think that any bucket big enough to wedge their big 'ol butts into is just the right size! LOL!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. trees

trees Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2011
    awww your goose is gorgeous! i must try and get a pic of him wedged in the bucket [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG]
    my goose does the same thing, thinks anything with water is his soaking tub. and my ducks do climb into the buckets too.

7. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Quote:sometimes one of the ducks will be in the orange bucket (which is big enough for a duck bath) and the goose will just climb in. The runners are the hardest for the goose to dislodge - LOL - they just keep on with their bath as best they can with a big 'ol goose butt in their face [​IMG]

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:sometimes one of the ducks will be in the orange bucket (which is big enough for a duck bath) and the goose will just climb in. The runners are the hardest for the goose to dislodge - LOL - they just keep on with their bath as best they can with a big 'ol goose butt in their face [​IMG]

thats funny, if my goose starts to climb into any tub that a duck is in the ducks jump out and run for their lives. they don't want to be raped and pillaged by a big ole goose. [​IMG]

9. DurhamDuck

DurhamDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, Connecticut
    LOL!! Oh I love all the photos of ducks and geese in buckets! Too darn cute!

10. Roxy1989

Roxy1989 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    too cute [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by