Ducks and chickens get along? house chicken at night?

Dill

Chilling Out
11 Years
Nov 10, 2008
FL
I wanted to keep a couple hens indoors in my bedroom at night (I don't have any chickens yet btw), but I have 2 pekin ducks in my room at night (plus my rabbit & cat free ranges my room nearly 24/7 and I have budgies and hamsters in my room [they're in cages except during playtime]). So anyway, would my ducks fight with the hens? The hens will be bantams. There's enough room for them in my bedroom.

Do chickens perch? Could they flutter up a few feet in the air? Would they peck at my hamsters/budgies through the bars of their cages? Does anyone have experience with keeping chickens indoors at night?

I'm not sure how they would do with other species, but bantams can fly as much as 10 ft. high, maybe higher. They also poop lot. Yes, they perch, usually on the highest available spot. I had a couple of Japanese Bantams that were the last two of my flock and I had them sleep in a cat crate in the house. I put a piece of broomstick in for a perch. You must have a really big room.
smile.png

Maybe that wouldn't work.. I'm not sure I'd like poop in my beds (I have a bunk bed). Plus I'm not sure how I'd give them perches, besides attaching a large stick into my wall, but I don't think my parents would go for that
tongue.png

And even if they had nice perches they'd probably end up perching on my silver shelves (they're made of metal) and pooping all over everything below..

Back
Top Bottom