Ducks And Chickens Live In Harmony?

Duckbreeder2020

Crossing the Road
Sep 18, 2020
New Jersey
I have 6 males and 4 female ducks (separated) and the females are with chickens. Is there anything I should know about ducks and chickens living together?

The ducks make the floor messy. I have heard some have had problems with the chickens trying to peck the eyes of the ducks. I have had a couple of ducks live with my chickens. One was brooded with them and would do what she could to stay with the chickens instead of joining the other ducks. I never had a problem with keeping ducks in my chicken coop.

The ducks make the floor messy. I have heard some have had problems with the chickens trying to peck the eyes of the ducks. I have had a couple of ducks live with my chickens. One was brooded with them and would do what she could to stay with the chickens instead of joining the other ducks. I never had a problem with keeping ducks in my chicken coop.
Lol. I have a chicken who now thinks it is a duck 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’ve had them live together with no problem but I’ve heard that keeping drakes with chickens because ducks mating with chickens can cause problems.

I have always kept ducks and chicken together. I separate broody duck from chickens, because chickens will ignore the momma's warnings, chase her off, then scratch up the nest and eat her eggs. I have had hens think they are ducks to! Lol! So cute!

I have always kept ducks and chicken together. I separate broody duck from chickens, because chickens will ignore the momma's warnings, chase her off, then scratch up the nest and eat her eggs. I have had hens think they are ducks to! Lol! So cute!
I have a huge dog crate with a divider I plan on putting 2 female ducks in there for hatching eggs I have to block off a little area is the run so the males can’t get in

Back
Top Bottom