Ducks and Chicks! I wanna see your new ducklings or chicks! ;-)

Aug 28, 2017
These are my new girls, three Rhode Island Reds, two Leghorns(brown and white), and three Pekin ducklings!

(P.S. there water is on the other side, it got cut out of the picture!)

Attachments

• ducks.JPG
    ducks.JPG
    570.6 KB · Views: 17
  • ducks2.JPG
    ducks2.JPG
    547.3 KB · Views: 17
  • ducks4.JPG
    ducks4.JPG
    631.1 KB · Views: 17
  • ducks3.JPG
    ducks3.JPG
    548.4 KB · Views: 17
after a while you will want to remove the ducks into a separate brooder, because ducks have a tendency to be very messy. if you don't it could cause you chicks to catch a disease.

after a while you will want to remove the ducks into a separate brooder, because ducks have a tendency to be very messy. if you don't it could cause you chicks to catch a disease.

Yes, but not unless you keep the area dry and keep up with cleaning daily! Sometimes it is best to raise them together so they continue their pecking order and so it won't be a stressful change when they get put out with the big birds. We keep up with changing the wood shavings, and will even more when they get bigger, soon they are going into an even larger tub so they have more room! Very excited for that! :)

These are my girls!! 2 cayugas a WE and a lavender Orpington. they area around 5 weeks of age.

It was a really warm day so they got free range of the yard... my hens already have no issue with them.

Attachments

• 20180426_194044.jpg
    20180426_194044.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 14
Good looking girls! They seem to be happy to be outdoors! Cannot wait 'till mine can go outside! I live in Minnesota so waiting for a "hot" day! And for them to be a bit bigger! Are your ducks and chickens the same age?

Back
Top Bottom