Ducks and diamonds....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by peepsandquacks, May 19, 2011.

1. peepsandquacks

peepsandquacks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    My drake, donald has this bling obsession, right...he always goes after my diamond by the yard necklace, and thats not a big deal, he cant hurt it.

BUT. last night, I go and clean their pen, and mr donald casually walks up and pecks at my necklace. Ok...then he catches a glimpse of my diamond earring and SNAP! He rips the thing out of my ear with a single bite. I ended up getting the earring back, but OMG did that freaking hurt!!! So now, I have a minor infection in that hole and it hurts like a SOB.

I love him but......Dumb duck.

2. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    My ducks are the reason I don't wear earrings. When they were babies they always wanted a nibble of my wedding ring, then as they got taller they found my necklace (which has no diamonds) so it dawned on my maybe it was a bad idea to wear earrings. It hurt bad enough when they yanked on my necklace I could imagine what it would do to my ears... ouch! Hope you feel better soon!!! [​IMG]

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Zippers and buttons on my clothing are what mine seem to go for first. With long hair- my ears are covered ... But I do have a piercing in my tounge and sometimes I poke it out to them just to get their attention...so funny...they sure do get up quick and run to the side of the brooder. I make sure I am always quicker though...no way do I want to know what a duckling chewing on that feels like.. [​IMG]

Im almost worried to ask...how did you get the earring back?? I do hope for you that he didnt swallow it - but just dropped it on the ground after pulling it out. [​IMG] Hope the ear heals up quickly for you.

4. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    [​IMG] So funny you posted this! My daughter got me a lovely set of earrings for Mother's day, and the FIRST night I wore them one of the ducklings ripped one right out of my ear! I hear ya, it hurts like HECK! They're strong little buggers aren't they?

5. peepsandquacks

peepsandquacks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Quote:No he didnt swallow it, just dropped it LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by