ducks and mice

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by DrakeJake, Jan 11, 2011.

1. DrakeJake

DrakeJake Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2011
    Thorsby Alberta
    well i thought i had my mice problem solved when i got my chickens. watching them go after those suckers was as entertaining as one could hope for until they apparently got bored the following year. i watched in horror as the chickens and mice shared the food together in perfect harmony. i was horrified, rotten chickens. well i ended up getting baby ducks, so cute, and brought them up in the house for a month then put them out with the chickens and woah baby, did they go after the mice. actually, they chased the chicken (when ever a chicken felt like chasing a mouse) and the war was on. not only did the duck snatch the mouse right out of the chickens mouth (beak) they would run around the pen trying to swallow the sucker for all they were worth. it was awesome, a sight to behold.

2. Where The Wild Things Are

Where The Wild Things Are Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    Utah
    Never send a chicken to do a ducks job! [​IMG]

3. DrakeJake

Jan 11, 2011
    Thorsby Alberta
    lol:thumbsup i dont know how to insert the face lol

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  4. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    Ive seen mine eat frogs, but not any mice yet. They are fun to watch.

5. DrakeJake

Jan 11, 2011
    Thorsby Alberta
    so far the funniest next to the mice run was when a chicken ticked off a duck, got chased, got grabbed with the little ducky tooth who was hanging on with all he had while the chicken freaked and flapped and scramble up a stray bale to get away: the other 3 ducks grabbed the first duck and the 4 of them grappling to keep a hold of the chicken was simply hilarious. the chicken finally got away turned and poked the duck then buggered off, man they make me laugh

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by