Ducks and/or Geese emergency

Jparsons

Chirping
Dec 18, 2018
We purchased this feeder for our animals (link Below), it has a wingnut and a hanging thing on top we tighted the wing nut down before placing the thing inside the coop it has been in there coop for months now. This morning the top was pulled off which is the wing nut along with the hanging thing, pretty sure it was one solid piece, but the piece is no where to be found, would a goose or a duck be able to swallow that big piece on top of it, or do you think they possible drug it off some where into there pasture? How soon after if they did eat it should we be concerned for metal posioning?

https://www.ruralking.com/miller-mf...YSzWg13Eyw3kCmf3uf2GDdXuT0bgN5PRoCtkYQAvD_BwE

Well, we have searched the whole yard with a magnet and the shed. Unfortunately did not find the top to that feeder, I don't understand how they could unscrew something and swallow something about a inch to 2 inches wide and it is also about 2 to 3 inches long. I think the only animal we have down there that could fit it inside there mouth or even force the swallow is a goose. So I pray in the end they all turn out fine, how long would a animal show metal poisoning after swallowing it?

So its been a week now and everyone seems to be acting normal, but today we opened up to normal behaving ducks but a white powdery substance possible someones poop
received_400039904459164.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom