ducks are freakin cool.

stargazingmommy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Spokane
My biggest question is why the little freaks will drink out of muddy puddle very enthusiastically and ignore the nice pool of fresh clean water, except to empty half of it in one try

062711201509.jpg

062711201518.jpg

player.swf

Hope that works

Last edited:
*SNAP*.. I was just outside watching my quacker in a muddy puddle and staring at his beautiful clean pool thinking huh!?!.. Cheers Dianaross77 for answering my question!
Clever little quackers!
big_smile.png

You're so very welcome! Now, get the hose out and make some nasty mud puddles. They'll love you for it. Dirty birds!

edited cuz my gramer left sumfin to bee deseyered.

Last edited:
When I dump their water bowls, they love drilling holes in the mud and dirtying up the new water as soon as they can. I wish I had the problem of their water staying too clean.
smile.png

Quote:
I feel the same. I've caught my Pekins standing at their pool with their heads down the sides. Only for them to realize I'm there and find their heads covered in dirt.

Mine are drilling holes in the ground beside our pool..as the others splash the water out, the rest out of the pool are digging lol

Last edited:
They know fresh mud puddles in the yard mean worms. It is hilarious when one of mine pulls a fat nightcrawler out of the ground. The chase is on as the rest of the flock chases the duck with the worm trying to take it away.

Quote:
That is one of the funniest things to see. I love when I throw them something new and the duck who gets it first runs off with it until he realizes that he doesn't like whatever it is. He then drops it and another duck picks it up and then they all chase that duck for it, even the 1st duck that dropped it because he didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom